Tumi Frazier Foundation is a registered section 21 (not for profit) company. NPO no: 2012/052104/08.
It is tax exempt in South Africa and is able to issue section 18A certificates (tax invoices) to enable organizations to verify their contributions and ensure that they take advantage of the tax deductions.
Tumi Frazier Foundation is aimed at developing young people who are ethical, highly entrepreneurial, committed to value-based, spiritually disciplined, morally wise, intellectually astute and action oriented leadership. The Foundation is positioned to meet the objectives of South Africa’s National Strategic Plan for eradication of poverty, skills development and employment creation for youth.
How does the Foundation work?
The targets and measures of success is that the foundation develops youth men and women to be responsible leaders in their respective fields. Ensure that they access resources including access to food, clothing, education and job opportunities. The Foundation works closes with Tumi Leadership Academy that provides fully fledged academic services.
How are the funds used?
The proceeds of our fundraising are used for various projects and also invested to provide for future projects out of the returns from these investments. This ensures the longevity of the Foundation and its purpose.
Broadly, the projects focus areas:
- Preparing young men to change South Africa and the continent;
- Supporting and broadening the educational experiences of disadvantaged youth;
- Cultivate the personal attributes of self-confidence, tolerance, morality, ethical behavior, spirituality, humility, a global perspective, and a commitment to social justice.
- Develop self-employment projects that enable young people to be self sufficient as well as create a reliable and sustainable tax base.
- Encourage Social entrepreneurship to address persistent social problems such as poverty, hunger, education and health care.
Involve young people in community outreach programs to learn the principles of service and giving to the less fortunate.